All children attending the classes must be signed up prior to coming along. We advise anyone looking to join our classes to phone up 01236 341969 and a member of our team will be available to sign you up. Alternatively, you can fill out our enquiry form and we aim to get back to you within 48 hours.
Our Tennis Academy is for everyone from toddlers to adults. In partnership with Tennis Scotland and delivered by LTA qualified coaches, each session changes to allow every child to develop an understanding of the sport and build the ability to play every shot including forehand, backhand, volley and serve.
The classes run across four venues: Broadwood,Townhead and Wishaw.
- Tots Tennis: 3 - 5 Years
- Mini Red Ball: 4 - 7 Years
- Mini Orange Ball: 8 - 9 Years
- Mini Green Ball: 9 - 10 Years
- Yellow Ball: 11 - 16 Years
- Additional Support Needs Class: Primary 1 - S6
- Adults Tennis Coaching also available, click here
Abilities: All levels and abilities
Skills Gained: Learn how to play tennis, the rules of the games as well as general skills such as technique, movement, balance, speed, and coordination.
- Tots Tennis: For children aged 3-5 years and introduced them to the basic skills in tennis such as balance, movement, coordination through fun tennis games and activities. Each child will use small rackets and sponge tennis balls.
- Mini Red Ball: It is played on small courts with short rackets and softballs. It’s just like the real game and gives players opportunities to have long rallies and play different types of shots.
- Mini Orange Ball: A great way for players to continue their progress from Mini Tennis Red. It is played with shorter rackets, softer balls and courts are bigger and wider than the red stage but still smaller than full-size tennis courts allowing players to develop a rounded game whilst learning a range of techniques and tactics.
- Mini Green Ball: Mini Tennis Green is a great way for players to continue their progress from Mini Tennis Orange. It is played on a full-size tennis court, with bigger rackets and balls which are a little softer than yellow balls.
- Yellow Ball: Played on a full-size tennis court using full-size tennis rackets and full compression yellow tennis balls.
- ASN: This class is open to children who have additional support needs. Split into different age groups, the class looks to ensure that each child develops their tennis skills through fun and inclusive tennis drills and games.
What to Bring: A drink (water is recommended) as well as sports clothing: shorts, tracksuit, t-shirt, trainers. Rackets and balls are provided.
HOW TO BOOK!
All new and existing bookings are done by contacting the centre of your choice or alternatively go into the main reception. Classes cost £23.95 per month and the programme is delivered over 50 weeks of the year.
For more information contact Sports Development on 01236 341969 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Mini Red Ball (4 - 7 Years) | 9am - 10am
Mini Orange Ball (8 - 9 Years) | 10am - 11am
Mini Green Ball (9 - 10 Years) | 11am - 12pm
Mini Red Ball (4-7 years) | 4pm - 5pm | Tennis Courts
Mini Orange Ball (8-11 years) | 5pm - 6pm | Tennis Courts
Tots Tennis (3yrs – 5yrs) | 10.45am-11.30am | Tennis Courts
Mini Red Ball (4 - 7 Years) | 4pm - 5pm | Tennis Courts
Mini Red Ball (4 - 7 Years) | 5pm - 6pm | Tennis Courts
Mini Orange Ball (8 - 9 Years) | 6pm - 7pm | Tennis Courts
Mini Green Ball (9 - 10 Years) | 7pm - 8pm | Tennis Courts
Yellow Ball (11-16 Years) | 8pm - 9pm | Tennis Courts
Mini Red Ball (4 - 7 Years) | 5pm - 6pm | Outdoor Tennis Courts
Mini Red Ball (4 - 7 Years) | 6pm - 7pm | Outdoor Tennis Courts
Mini Orange Ball (8 - 9 Years) | 7pm - 8pm | Outdoor Tennis Courts
Mini Green Ball (9 - 10 Years) | 6pm - 7pm | Outdoor Tennis Courts
Yellow Ball (11 - 16 Years) | 7pm - 8pm | Outdoor Tennis Courts
ASN | 5pm - 6pm | Outdoor Tennis Courts
- One to one lessons
We have one to one lessons available at Broadwood, Wishaw & Ravenscraig. These are suitable for both children and adults and are delivered by our fully qualified tennis coaches. If you're looking to improve your game this is perfect for you.
Lessons are priced at £25 per lesson or £225 for 10 lessons.
If you are interested or require more information, please email email@example.com
Included in your monthly fee
If you take out our standard sport specific membership, you will also receive the following great benefits:
Does your child love sports? Then they'll love our new Ultimate Sports Membership.
If you take out our out an Ultimate Sports Membership, you will also receive the following great benefits.